(Visit one of the best online AOS-galleries for high quality steles: https://ajl.smugmug.com/AustinOsmanSpare/Austin-Osman-Spare-Archive/i-XQ8BWjS)
There are nine formulas contained within Zos Speaks!: 1.The Formula of the white sabbath, 2. The formula of Plotinus – The earthenware virgin, 3. The communion of Auto-Ego of Zos, 4. How to return Evil to its source, 5. Of fortune telling by cards (foretelling by familiars), 6. Metamorphosis by ‘Death posture’, 7. Transcendental perspective as a means of mediumship and anoetic analgesia, 8. Formula of arrivism, 9. The Theurgy of Zos.
In total you’ll find nine steles in this post, which are loosely connected, from right to left, to the formulas (I haven’t found one specific stele made for the first formula anywhere, and I don’t know if the artist made one). Formula nr.2 The earthenware virgin is for instance relatable to the Lilith stele (and to aquarius astrologically), and formula nr 3. the communion of Auto-ego of Zos to the Magical stelae (two steles very closely related: https://karlirjohanarnt.wordpress.com/2018/07/04/an-art-analysis-of-the-magical-stelae/). Formula number four how to return evil to its source are relatable to stele nr three in the sequence – and so on…to the ninth formula: The Theurgy the of Zos – The Iconoclast of Theocrasia – the book’s purpose (several seasons instead of one/from one Catholic whoredom to many pimps and harems. For spiritual nourishment:
“SWEET BABALON” – Lon Milo DuQuette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhr25XDPFb4
). Sadly the purpose has been defeated by the author’s inclination towards secrecy, since it is, for most witches, a closed/inactivated book.
- Regarding other magical stelaes (finished and unfinished): http://ahrfoundation.org/2010/11/08/new-austin-osman-spare-catalogue-from-fulgur/
The role cast in this drama: The matrix: The Earth with its three broadbands governing the seasons, Nephtys: the earth and the moon, Isis: The mother of Horus and attributed to the Moon and Sirius, Hathor: among one of the most complex and many faceted Egyptan gods known as the other mother goddess of Horus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hathor), The man with the dog: The Dog Star – the elemental of Sirius, Thoth: knowledge and also attributed to the moon, Geb: the elemental of earth and moon (could also include the earth-sun), The red Dwarf: a representation of the heated Earth, Tiamat: the primordial earth and a symbol of the powers of chaos and destruction/renewal (winter, The Tree of death). The two eyes of Ra: earth-sun and Sirius. Steffi Grant: Isis, Kenneth Grant: possibly The Dog Star elemental.
- The Saturn myth (and the origin of Hathor): https://www.maverickscience.com/the-saturn-myth/
According to Babylonian myth, Tiamat, the primordial earth, was hit by Marduk (Nibiru or one of Niburu’s moons, a big asteroid, meteor or something) on the lowest part of the globe, then transformed into the version of the Earth as we know it today (interpreted by Sitchin and others: http://www.newagegod.com/ENKImedia/earth2.htm). The cause of the Earth’s wobble – the first aeon (The new aeon cycles would probably differ from the ones previous to the impact because of the loss of mass and the push from the impact. And the wobble was probably non-existent). With Liber Al, Crowley initiated the new Aeon of Aquarius. In the steles, one could interpret it as if Austin Osman Spare initiates the first Aeon – representing himself as THE scribe/initiator in this artwork (he painted them for God’s sake:=))) – setting everything in motion by giving the Earth a sigilic push towards the equinox position.
- And the precession explained scientifically: http://binaryresearchinstitute.com/bri/introduction/precession-of-the-equinox/
The steles painted by the artist Austin Osman Spare, which are meant to be read as a sequence, are related to his last magnum opus: Zos Speaks! (With Kenneth Grant and Steffi Grant as big contributors: they were actually mentioned as co-creators in the letters). The 365 sacred letters in the book are supposed to be reorganized, and these steles could be thought of as clues in this matter.
“For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality” (Zos Speaks! K.Grant, A.O.Spare. Fulgur).
The disproportion of the analemmas (the earth’s distance from the sun) equates to the proportion of the vase (earth/cube). The summer solstice symbol .
The cube of the witches (ugly as hell, and frozen/barren <the crone/the winter sides>: the proportions are quite opposite to those of the vase. Narrow at the top, wide at the bottom.
“You’ve got a pussy, I have a dick. So what’s the problem?” (Ramstein)
- The Great Arkanum (Gnostic Teachings): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU1WAaTSjgI (Note: The witches from The Zos Vel Thanatos tradition belongs to the gray tradition, at least according to the exoteric text (The Zoetic Grimoire of Zos): “great saving, total spending”)
(Quotations from an interview with Tesla)
- Tantric energy tested by science: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIR1lBHS2Pg&t=0s&list=LLsnJF8_ZalVcebZCehaj2tg&index=2
- The Globe Earth – The Solstices and Equinoxes Explained by Kelly White: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To-oFiyd6Dc&t=127s
A quote from the centre of the illustration below – a possible point of connection: “Pair of legs D Zero” (40 pair of legs within the circle(s), or in a part(s) of the circle. 40 witches. Only one half of the Tetragrammaton).
Interpretation: ‘The four seasons, the snake (the sun/Zodiac) and the hooded witch’
“A small talisman arabesque of the major erotic zones is passed around and kissed by all. Then follows a short perverse communion, then a symposium with suggestive exhibitionism, libidinous stories and abreaction of sexual fantasies – developing into the real thing” (Zos Speaks! K, Grant, A.O.Spare, p220, Fulgur).
- As we know the sun’s beams hits the earth on three focal points, three bands. The upper band is the one of the summer solstice, which is hit by the sun due to the earth’s 23 degrees tilt/wobble, when the earth is tilted in the direction towards the sun. The lowest of the three bands, that of the winter solstice, is hit when the earth tilts 23 degrees in the opposite direction of the sun (the sun’s ray hits the lowest parts of the earth). While the middle band, the equator, is hit at the equinoxes when the globe isn’t tilted.
The Maya stele: “At sunset of equinox day, on the steps of the Kukulkan pyramid, you can see a descending serpent consisting of seven reversed isosceles triangles made up of sunlight and shadow. As time goes by, it looks like a snake-form descends from the temple and at last a light is projected on the head of the feathered serpent at the base of the steps” (http://blog.xichen.tours/en/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-equinox-at-chichen-itza/).
I count 12 triangles in total (light beams, hours), seven connected to the matrix: the earth, as well as 12 around the Maya threatening sun.
“The earliest models of cameras threw a shadow graph, while the complex cameras there’s a parallel to the growth of the senses” (Zos Speaks p251). In the Maya stele we can see a complex camera model as such: with the reflected images (spirals), from earlier models, consisting of three:, two: and one: shadow graphs, which could point to different intervals (spacing) in each atavistic spiral strata. All three spirals tied together by the Golden ratio – transmuted into the alchemical symbol of gold . The Goddess, Nephtys, to the left holds the second part of the formula in her hand (the three Lotus flowers: the opposite spiral). The Lotus symbolized the sun and the unification between the lower and the upper land in Egypt. Merge the Sirius spiral, the Hunter, into the Nephtys spiral by using the Achilles and the tortoise paradox (the race between the stars). Nephtys also has a lotus flower on her head, and you can see below there are two rings outside the spiral. Does this mean that the spiral itself counts as a ring? Yes, I think so, and it equals 8 parts in total.
Illustration (Zos Speaks!, page 91, A.O.Spare, K.Grant, Fulgur). On the same page is a reference to the Law of change paragraph (p 254). I believe the number in the centre of the valentine shape is 60 (or 50), the same number as the number of cards used in the deck of cards mentioned in the fifth formula.
: spiral parts from the Lilith Stele. Here’s Andrew Chumbley’s variant in The Dragon Book Of Essex:
Frgotten Alignments: the Sacred letters and the Serpentine card layout
The fifth formula in Zos Speaks! also contains a Serpentine card layout, referenced to by the red snake at the bottom of Nephtys (closed) circuit and the circuit on other side of the painting.
- The approximate noise signature
(With hearts) united we could end up with the eight fold moon wheel in the middle and six outside of it (one half of the equation (?).
In the two first columns to the left (in the Sacred alphabet), there are two broken crosses which actually could represent the second Seed of life, the second part of the equation.
One part of the seed even has Zos’s signature, and I’d like to mention, as an additional note, the Saturnian attributes contained within the name Zos: the organizing and structuring principle.
- Set cut Osiris body into 14 pieces and spread them: 7 parts in the lower Egypt, and 7 in the upper. Other sources claims Set cut Osiris body into many pieces, which he scattered to the four corners of the earth.
- The ideal: Isis found the parts and assembled them together again.
The serpentine layout’s thread moves into, after making seven knots, one of the separated brain hemispheres of the red dwarf. The two fingers pointing upwards contains 6 quadrangles and then we have the plus sign in the middle surrounded by the four – not very different from a seed of life with a + or X or an eight in the center.
Some regards Nephtys as an Earth goddess due to her association with Anubis. As stated in Wikipedia, she’s Isis twin sister, her darker aspect and a Moon goddess (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephthys):
“Ascend and descend; descend with Nephthys, sink into darkness with the Night-bark. Ascend and descend; ascend with Isis, rise with the Day-bark.” Pyramid Text Utterance 222 line 210.
Her headdress is described in Wikipedia as a house and a basket. The big half circle could perhaps also symbolize the half moon previous to the new moon, opposite to Isis smaller half circle in the diagram, positioned on the other side in the Moon wheel.
“Again I awake in some Athene’s bed – permitted once weekly” (Zos Speaks! p249).
Does it mean that every seventh letter is meant to be placed within the moon wheel, a reference to Isis Smiles, the painting? The length of the moon phases were the origin of the 7 days long week.
Every seventh. From moon phase to moon phase. It takes approximately 7 days (7.38) between each moon phase. The full moon, the half moons, and the new moon are only transitory, intermediary stages lasting only for a very short time. But if you separate the eight pointed moon wheel into X and + phases, the duration between the stations would be the same. BUT given the two Moon goddesses significance in Egypt and in the formula, the wheel should probably be split up in the middle in a right and left sided dichotomy.
- Magical Stelae (Spring Equinox): Isis
- The Maya stele (Autumn Equinox:): Nephtys
The Serpentine card layout contains rows laid in a serpentine movement pattern from left to right, and each row has nine cards. Why nine? With the formula in mind, nine cycles (the nine cards per row) around the Moon wheel: nine months could symbolize the pregnancy period. Otherwise there was not more information other than the illustration. What’s striking, is the obscurification: the numbers are reversed, inverted and possibly mirrored for instance, then there are the alternating number of lines on each card. Does it mean that one of the layouts in the alternative formula was left in favor for a newer, obscurified version? Why would the artist obscurify a card layout?
And here’s the symbol for forgetfulness in Zos Speaks! (p262).
The Two opposite moving snakes, the card layout: An illustration similar to the Serpentine illustration (Zos Speaks!). Between the cards, Austin drew circles which I suspect represent Horus/The Seeds of Life. The lines on each card could signify where the Serpentine’s location is in time in relation to the year cycle – strangely enough the numbers alternates 6,7,6,7 (or is it just a reference to the 13 Moon cycles?). The symbol, the “self” (symbolizing duality) between card nr 55 and nr 56, indicates that the snake is made up by two parts. The other snake’s composition is assumably the same.
- Austin Osman Spare created a formula entitled the Alternative formula (Zos Speaks!) where there’s a 4X13 card layout. Probably not a coincidence if the Moon’s year cycle plays a central role in the reorganization of the sacred letters.
“173. MATHEMATICAL alignments ‘prove’ the pragmatism of ‘as if’ : a straight line being a segment of an undetermined and extensive arch” (Zos Speaks! Logomachy of Zos).
The Arch eternal: “822. MATHEMATICALLY, square and circle are zero forms – the symbols of eternity as Time-Space’; all shapes are their partition, combination, variation or asymmetry. The square is the rectified and utilitarian form of the circle; zero, the symbol of eternity as ‘time space’.”
“The ancient astronomers who developed the concept of ‘the zodiac’ merely divided the 360° path of the Sun—the ecliptic—into twelve arcs of exactly 30º through which the planets ‘wandered’. From an ancient perspective, you should consider each zodiac constellation to be a region, not a figure.”
- The Serpentine layout’s link to the Sacred letters: On page 263 (Zos Speaks!), we can read: “It is essential to obscure ‘meanings’ from others and sublate them to our mind. Any fundamental geometric form will give a natural sequence of twenty-six letters by segmentation and without repetition. Example: using the dimensional circle thus ” As you can see, every letter is formed as a half circle, and every pair forms a circle, just as in the Serpentine card layout. Here are examples of three letters in the Sacred alphabet which have the same geometric features and placement in relation to each other as the letters above and the circles between the cards. :
- There are many half circle shaped letters spread around in the alphabet in the form of the Omega letters and triangles etc. The middle column has an elongated Omega letter very near where the King and the Queen are located (another sex centre).
- Did Spare have this particular painting in mind when he formulated the first aphorism in Logomachy? “Wisdom is a stasis: Knowledge is like the ‘snake of eternity’, constantly eating itself and never finishing” (Zos Speaks! A.O.Spare, K.Grant. Fulgur).
The eight-pointed Moon wheel in the middle with its 13 cycles, with Snake around it (I count 8 bends). An interesting painting to relate to the 4×13 layout, especially if the premise is the same as the formula listed alongside the Serpentine card Layout (ref. ill.: The Serpentine layout above) – if the layout contains two snakes: the 8×13 layout could literally represent the moon wheel – the year cycle.
- Isis-Thermouthis: snake goddess: https://rhakotis.com/2017/10/24/isis-thermouthis-snake-goddess/
JL (22) a reference to the Horoscope layout 11×5=55 = 44 between the cards (x2 snakes:88)?
Does it mean that both of the layouts, the Serpentine and the Horoscope layouts, are supposed to be combined?
- “The second-century AD orator Aelius Aristides attempted to derive natural symbols from the etymological roots of Athena’s names to be aether, air, earth, and moon” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena).
- The third column (the middle column) represents the Equator.
- “The reciprocal Fibonacci constant, or ψ, is defined as the sum of the reciprocals of the Fibonacci numbers…” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reciprocal_Fibonacci_constant). Zos Speaks! concludes with (p273): “There is no greater pleasure than the mutual; reciprocity is my law”.
- The Sixth Formula deals with the transposition of the consciousness into the sex-centre, and the philosopher attributed to the formula is the great Zeno from Elea – a reference to The Achilles and the tortoise paradox a reference to The Achilles and the tortoise paradox
: Two sacred letters close to the sex centre (Zos Speaks!)
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno%27s_paradoxes#Arrow_paradox). The size of the letters correspond to the paradox’s numbers (approximately 1/2).
1 – 1/2 – 1/4 – 1/8 – 1/16 – 1/32
The Lucifer Stele
“Sine Net”, “Star : (Sirius) Races Star: (the sun) to 32 (S+M adds up to 32 in numerical value), the number of the Major arcana (ref. to The Tree of life context).
Spirals and the Seeds of life
The heart form symbolizes two unified spirals, as stated by Dan Winter in the Video.
On last Hallows eve (2018), I encountered, in a dream, a being similar to the Faun in the amazing Pan’s Labyrinth, a movie I watched in 2010. There were differences though, as the curious looking being was without horns, and the spirals were placed below the eyes. I believe the dream could have been triggered by the Emergent Atavism painting, plus associations from the movie.
Quote from the fifth formula in Zos Speeaks!: Of fortune telling by cards:”Likewise, the sorcerer’s shaft pierces through the protective aura by assertion becoming indirect suggestion as the consultant’s own”.
“107. EVERY FOETUS has (an exterior) prescience as to destination from which, concurrently, is developed its own preception by experience: personal ego ex universal Ego. Hence our fore-knowledge is an abstract ominous conscience.
642. ONE’S WHOLE BODY and being constantly exude proclivity in all directions for affective pleasure: the sensualist for objects of sex, the aesthete for beauty, etc. Man is generally purblind – few know what they seek, only what they infer as extrinsic. The Arrivist knoweth by exteriorizing the intrinsic, by evocation; for what is not implicitly effective is never explicitly affective” (Zos Speaks!, The Logomachy of Zos).
- The Flower of life and cell division – geometry of creation: http://transmissionsmedia.com/flower-of-life-and-cell-division-geometry-of-creation/
- “Human cells have 23 pairs of chromosomes (22 pairs of autosomes and one pair of sex chromosomes), giving a total of 46 per cell” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome). Somehow I think the numbers could have significance to the Urn formula, which is meant to be interpreted on several levels at once. One level is self burials and the consequent consequential resurrections. “In addition, we inherit a basic pattern from our chromosomes and genes which is our essential individuality and also rectifiable” (Zos Speaks! p272).
- Watch Alan Moore’s interesting interpretation of the painting here: Alan Moore on Austin Spare – The Culture Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=118&v=rlzEdlpigvk
- In some esoteric circles, people believes experiences in previous lives “dictates” your attractions/preferences and talents in this life.
7 metals and the number 22, a reference to Pi and the 22/7 ratio?
If the diamater is 14, the video Why Pi 22/7 shows us that the circumference is 44 (for more info watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfLqwWuOqiA)
Contemplating the meaning of the numbers: The circle in Goetia has 72 demons attributed to it. Further more the number represents the 72 names of God (Shemaphoresh), in other words, the parts of God as a whole.
“To give reality to your autistic thinking is the great theurgy of which I have given you the key: Sublimate your beliefs into the unfamiliar energeia of orgasm, for it is numinous, it is immanence and the moment of conception-creation. Zos stretched himself, saying: “These innocents need things unwrapped, then doctrinized and ornamented . . . so let me remember my oId abilities, summon my elementals, and commit my will to a new theurgy (Zos Speaks! p248). ”
The thirteenth fullmoon:
- Heresy At Chartres: The Wickedest Cathedral In The World: https://www.richardcassaro.com/heresy-at-chartres/
12 small triangles (36) on each column equals 72 (The solstice’s duration: 72 hours). The petals are probably meant to be considered as two parts of the Flower of life. Eleven knots (the second burial:44(?) between the columns (the eye included). In the Lucifer mask, A.O. Spare used quadrangles and knots interchangeable (ten on the head, the frontal part, and ten in the horns). The eleven knots are interestingly placed above the sun and moon (day and night), the the hours rythm of mother earth (in the equinoxes). And 23 is an important number related to the chromosomes. While the second burial falls on a waning crescent in the Urn formula, witches usually sow their seed on a new moon.
- 2. The formula of Plotinus – The earthenware virgin. Plotinus worldview was geocentric.
- The solstices and equinoxes had great significance for the timing of the sowing and harvesting in agriculture. “The Egyptians took advantage of the natural cyclical flooding pattern of the Nile. Because this flooding happened fairly predictably, the Egyptians were able to develop their agricultural practices around it. The water levels of the river would rise in August and September, leaving the floodplain and delta submerged by 1.5 meters of water at the peak of flooding. This yearly flooding of the river is known as inundation. As the floodwaters receded in October, farmers were left with well watered and fertile soil in which to plant their crops. The soil left behind by the flooding is known as silt and was brought from Ethiopian Highlands by the Nile. Planting took place in October once the flooding was over, and crops were left to grow with minimal care until they ripened between the months of March and May” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_agriculture). The Egyptian divided their year in three parts (Akhet: the flooding season, Peret: the growing season, Shemu: the harvesting season (http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/egypt/farming.htm).
“The artist is thoroughly aware of this artistry as he ceases to be one (sowing and harvesting cycles), wedlocked in consciousness – yet I, knoweth nor I” (Zos Speaks! p244).
The 20 quadrangles on Lucifers head adds up to 80 (the Tetragrammaton. The hermaphrodite aspect).
- ANCIENT VVISDOM “Light of Lucifer” (Official music video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CkQGoLp1cA
“Again remember! Life is desire, death its rebuilding. Life is eternal and there is sleep” (Zos Speaks!p273). It’s in this part, in the rebuilding process, I suspect the rectifying properties in the chromosomes may activate and play out its role as a sulphuric agent.
- ZoSo, a symbol used Jimmy Page, symbolized Saturn, according to some sources. The Zos glyph has possibly an additional symbolic value in this context, in addition to being Austin Osman Spare’s alias: The organizing/structuring principle of Saturn.
- Meaning of Sun Venus Jupiter conjunction in Astrology (3 planetary conjunctions): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mYGoxVhd-4
- The stele indicates the hearts (the sacred letters) in the alphabet as the points of connection (close to the centers: the Sun, Earth and Sirius).
- Plotinus issued a warning towards materialism, and claimed the soul could end up getting stuck into matter after contact with it (please don’t try to cross the abyss without proper preparations ;=))).
The Alchemy Of Cryptography
Nervous Temple (a reference to the Ark of the covenant?)
The painting depicts the event after Nibiru hit Tiamat (the primordial Earth). The hexagram and pentagram adds up to eleven, the same number as one of the key numbers in the Protection against evil men stele. The two biggest griffins, two zodiacs, stands on each their letter H, the 8th letter of the alphabet: 8+8=16 plus the two caduceus snakes (8’s) inside of the H’s adds up to 32, the Major arcana (88 constellations). It is also interesting to consider the number 88’s relationship to the 44 triangles in the Protection against evil men stele and the hexagrammation process ( Two paintings of the same period). The different postures of Tiamat represent the wobble caused by the impact
Inside the circle it’s written in enochian letters: “Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem” which in english translates into: ‘Visit the interior of the earth and rectifying (i.e. purifying), you will find the hidden/secret stone’ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/vitriol#/media/file:vitriol-1-stolzius_von_stolzenburg-1614.png). The number seven is introduced (the number of planets, metals and chakras).
It Is Finished When Seven Are One. “‘The curse of God has entered the seven figures, so they are in conflict with one another.’ Just as the human will was transformed ‘into eternal sun, calm in God,’ ‘so in the Philosophical Work must all figures be transformed into one, into Sol. From seven must come one, and yet it remains in seven but in one desire, as every figure desires the others in love, so there is no longer any conflict.’ (Jacob Böhme, De signatura rerum). D.A. Freher, Paradoxa Emblemata, manuscript 18th century”. Alchemy & Mysticism: The Hermetic Museum by Alexander Roob (http://www.nachtkabarett.com/AlchemyAndKabbalah/Seven).
- The two ossuary flowers united. How to draw – a Torus (Vortex) – step by step tutorial (english): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2z1EAihGNY
“The Ark was a box with the dimensions of two-and-a-half cubits in length, by one-and-a-half cubits in height, by one-and-a-half cubits in width (a cubit is about 18 inches). It was constructed of acacia wood, and was plated with pure gold, inside and out. On the bottom of the box, four gold rings were attached, through which two poles, also made of acacia and coated in gold, were put. The family of Kehath, of the tribe of Levi, would carry the ark on their shoulders using these poles” (https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-ark-of-the-convenant.”
Within the ring of Enochian letters (the Nervous Temple painting) there are two symbols: the pentagram and the hexagram which adds up to eleven – one half of the pathways of the Tree of life. The Ossuarry (the container) of the Ark of the Covenant contains four gold rings (ref to the quote above) – symbolizing the four trees of life(?). In this context it is also interesting, as a curiosity, to mention the Old Lab Rat, a guy on youtube experimenting with putting different numbers of pythagoran pyramids together in circle constellations. He discovered that 8 pythagoran pyramids in a certain circle formation had an imploding effect (KICK ASS ORGONITE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JcKcBuGuPQ). I can’t attest for this effect myself – since I haven’t bothered to reconstruct the experiment – but Nassim Haremein talks about the Ark of the Covenant as an anti-gravity device. He also links the device to the eight Trees of life (ref. to the youtube video below).
- In the video Nassim Haramein unites 8 trees in a Flower of life pattern. Tetragrammaton – The Most Sacred Knowledge On Our Planet – Nassim Haremin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peYrSP8cke8
(The Axial vent positioned in 23/23 degrees solstices (Zos Speaks!).
Its features are very similar to the Sigillum Dei Aemeth’s features (from Dee’s Enochian system):The phallus (the obelisk, penta) within the seven angles.
A very interesting aspect of the Sigillum Dei Aemeth is that it also functions as a deciphering wheel (Code key. For more information watch Taliesin McKnight’s excellent instructions on the matter: Enochian Magick 101: Sigillum Dei Aemeth of John Dee, Heptarchia Mystica, & Spirit Evocation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeMXrrJ5jM&t=14s).
The Tiamat stele: The glyphs surrounding Tiamat translates into something like: (below) “Make a wise ordered prism (the Earth) in art I try” (Steffi and Kenneth’s name inside the M peaks under Tiamat’s feets. The names in glyph forms were given in the letter section, Zos Speaks!).
(left side of Tiamat): “Evoke craft arts mind seat. Read… (“Read Seat Mind” glyphs combined from left to right: “Body Prism”)”. A reference to the pineal gland, or perhaps not? I quote: “If mind has any ‘seat’ it is in the whole body, rather than a part. Because thought is a subsequent impression of feeling and all things cohabit all the time – identity is by identifying, and the price is suffering (and much more thought)” (Zos Speaks!, p258).
(to the right side of Tiamat) “Ids/snakes (serpentines card layout) orated/written Ka-book’s token(s)”. The book referred to is most likely The Logomachy of Zos, I quote: “The law of sorcery is its own law, using sympathetic symbols. This logomachy was subsequently deduced from actual practice, using cards like an ‘oracle’, the exponent as interpreter” (Zos Speaks! p258).
Inside the pregnant snake we can read something like: “Write sorcery to cards (does the inverted Y in sorcery also signify a sevenfold star?). Isis Map/divide (prism, cipher) Star/Realms in (X=four?). The X could be the same X positioned within glyph transcribed “(sex) seal (the septagram)” at the bottom. In the Effloration painting the Milky way is represented by 7 pairs of breasts (one person stands with the back towards the viewer. I believe the person symbolizes the other half of the season ).
- The Bands of Zodiac and Milky way:http://twanight.org/newTWAN/photos.asp?ID=3002761
“Before the new Greek cosmological system was developed, many ancient cultures had pictured the Milky Way as a vertical axis or tree, which was seen as a route leading into the heavens of a layered universe. This model began to change from about the sixth century BC, when the image of a spherical earth and geocentric universe became increasingly widespread among the educated people of Greece” (Visions of the Milky Way in the West: The Greco-Roman and Medieval Periods, Lynda Harris).
According to Wikipedia.org, Igigi could be translated into something like: Eyes in the sky, the watchers, who deflower (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igigi), and they are said to be the Annunaki’s Engineers/Scientists represented as birds (explains why Thoth was represented as a Ibis bird, Thoth who, according to some sources, engineered the pyramids. The question if he was of the same bloodline arises). Myths, sources, Christians used when they weaved their stories – the origin of the twisted Christian/Jewish truths dissected and explained in The Instructions of Enki – Ancient Sumerian Records Blown Wide Open. The question every Christian and Muslim should ask themselves is the following: Should they continue to follow laws handed over by extraterrestrials to the primitive man – FOREVER?
- The Instructions of Enki – Ancient Sumerian Records Blown Wide Open AUDIOVISUAL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibd4Q5K1aqw&list=LLsnJF8_ZalVcebZCehaj2tg&index=3&t=0s
- Sitchin books: https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sitchin/sitchinbooks_enki01.htm
Quotation from the dedication/foreword in Ethos: “The search is to be known only to the seeker, it is not to be taught but only to be learned. No man shall follow me. I am not thy preservation. • The deepest secret is always hidden even though it be displayed openly to the public or cried from rooftops” (Ethos, Austin Osman Spare, published by I-H-O Books, sept 2001. Has previously been published elsewhere as Axiomata and was more or less a teaser for Zos Speaks! The content in Axiomata is also included in Zos Speaks!, except The Book Of Pleasure, a book published 1913).
In the Protection From Evil People stele, at the bottom, we can read in glyphs: “Is Ra-Amens /Amentis (I believe amens/amentis (latin) takes on the meaning very excited here: http://latin-dictionary.net/definition/2976/amens-amentis) O Isis (my) map avoid8 craft of this (Sex) seal (the septagram/urn) my twins nodes”.
Followed by the text within the red triangle, see screenshot below: “Ethos Aos/art twin sides crafts (rafts, drafts) web”. Does it hints towards 6×6 or 7×7 matrices similar to those in Dee’s Enochian system? If the seven petaled flowers outside of the hexagrams in the Sumerian tree of life are turned towards each other, as nodes, we’ll end up with a diagram similar to Andrew Chumbley’s diagrams in the Azoetia.
To the right of the red triangle the text starts from right:” Aos art 54 awake/make with apex/text” (http://latin-dictionary.net/definition/3934/apex-apicis). Does it mean that the text inside the red triangle and the capstone (the pregnant snake unknotting) are meant to be combined, that the Amen-Ra is the key to the realignment of the sacred letters? 54 is an interesting number since there are painted three circles between the cards in each of the nine rows in the Serpentine card layout, which adds up to 27, and as we know there are two snakes: 54 (beside being the year the painting was painted:=). As we can see in the painting, Isis stands in a hexagram pose and we can also see how vitalized the green snake is (The Serpentine card layout). Green a color associated with Isis and Sirius. So it’s essentially a prayer to Isis to decrease and stop the the snake’s/dragon’s “attack” – the Tarot cards impact on consciousness – and divide the hexagrams, the nodes and the Sumerian tree of life. Isis represents the opposite of Austin Osman Spare, the encryptor and the encrypted – she shows us the naked truth.
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin: “after this, therefore because of this”) is a logical fallacy that states “Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X”(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc).
The Sigillum Dei Ameth is found in various systems: in one Italian manuscript of The key of Solomon Grimoire, The Sworn book of Honorius (which interestingly enough has the name of Shemaophoresh, the 72 names of God, written in the outer circle where one of the lock mechanisms of the Sigillum is located). The outer circle contains 40 spaces, which correspond to “Pair of legs D Zero” (40 pair of “witches legs” within the circle(s); I’m referring to a painting mentioned earlier in this post. The way it is written may indicate other usages as well. In Lon Milo Duquette’s book Enochian Vision Magick, chapter 10, there’s written that 40 angels revealed themselves to Kelley in a vision (with one letter attributed to each angel). For further instructions on how to use the deciphering wheel, you can check out the video: Enochian Magick 101:Sigillum Dei Aemeth of John Dee, Heptarchia Mystica, & Spirit Evocation on Taliesin Mcknight‘s youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeMXrrJ5jM.
The illustration, The Mask of Lucifer, positioned over Forces of the Sigils painting ( The search of Abraxas, S.Skinner, N. Drury), appears in Lucifer over London (Lewis Spence, illustrated by A. O. Spare). It is also included in Zos Speaks! The front part of his head has 5 quadrangles/spaces positioned on each side, and with the same amount on the back part (five knots on each horn) it would add up to 20 (4×20=80 – the tetragrammaton). The four triple-knots represents equator/ on each side and the seasons. If the corners are added, it adds up to 24, the number of light hours on the North pole at the Summer solstice. The knots of the beard, the first two seasons, are unknotted when the Earth bows for Lucifer. The letter with the numerical value 20 in the hebrew alphabet, is the eleventh letter Kaf (https://gnosticteachings.org/courses/alphabet-of-kabbalah/737-kaf.html). Further it’s underlined in the Prayer of communion, before entering the womb (the Winter Solstice), how the participants are in the Magical Equinox. In the Doctrine and credo, dedicated to Ashmodeus (Asmodeus aka Asmoday), it is stated he reigns in Chaos, and written of as a mighty genitalia which knows no satiation. In the Prayer of communion he’s spoken of as an insatiable and peripheral quadriga of sex (Winter solstice and Tiamat). Lucifer as an Emissary acts in the end of dark periods and in the beginning of light periods, the governing principle of sublimation. In the Prayer of adoration he is entitled Rehctaw, watcher backwards (A law establishment by Spare. Many of the glyphs are written/read bi-directional).
I believe there’s a high probability that number 40 symbolizes one half of the Tetragrammaton (after watching Nassim Haramein’s Tetragrammaton video on youtube). In the bible the number is mentioned several times for instance in the myth of Noah where it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. The Gnostics, in their interpretation of the text, connects the number to the 13th letter, Mem, of the hebrew alphabet, since 40 is the numerical value of the letter (a symbol of water). The seven points in the Sigillum Dei Ameth could of course be interpreted as the last H in YHVH, the seven lowest sephiras in The tree of life with its inherent seven planets. Light from the (fixed and “eternal”) stars whirling down through the planetary system and down to Malkuth, the Earth. In relation to number 7, it is also interesting that women are pregnant a 40 weeks period (the Dog days lasts for 40 days, a period regarded as a fertilization period in Egypt). A mystery concerning the Tetragrammaton revealed by Crowley, is that the two last letters of the tetragrammaton (YHVH) are supposed to marry and become absorbed into the second letter, Binah, and spawn a “child” (knowledge).
“Remember that above the Tree of Life, there are three aspects of the Absolute, namely, the Ain, the Ain Soph, and the Ain Soph Aur. The letter ם final Mem is related with the second aspect, Ain Soph. In other words, the word soph, which means “end, final,” relates to the letter ם final Mem. We can say that it relates to the Unmanifested Mother. This is why in Gnostic esotericism we call ם final Mem “the Unmanifested Mother,” the Soph, the end, the limitless; so Ain Soph is related to the ם final Mem, as we see it in the word ים, which means sea, which is where Iod (Kether) joins with the unknowable divine, the abstract absolute space, the final Mem; it is where the uncreated light ends and begins, the Unmanifested Mother, which I repeat is called Soph: the Ain Soph” (https://gnosticteachings.org/courses/alphabet-of-kabbalah/741-mem.html).
The book is available on: https://ajl.smugmug.com/AustinOsmanSpare/Two-Grimoires/
For Spare, based on the form of the letters, one may assume the numbers had significance to time and space and proportions – if they contain kabalistic/hebrew values. The context the number 20 appears, on top of Lucifer’s head, makes it more probable than not ( But it would be foolish not to interpret it into The Prayer of Adoration where it gets a more conventional meaning, i.e from a left hand path practitioner’s viewpoint: the I am God doctrine (The Light bringer/ the catalyst of “Gods will”: the neither-neither). The reason why kaf is relevant, is because its painted previous to when the manuscript of Zos Speaks! was written, and then later Spare reused the illustration as a part of the formula. In a Summer solstice context it’s worth to mention that there are 24 hours of light at the North pole.
“The kaf, the representation of Kesser, the crown of the King, reminds us that our intention in performing mitzvos must focus on our submission to G‑d’s will” (https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/137083/jewish/Kaf-Kingship.htm.)
- Recommended literature: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Qabalah-Qliphoth-Goetic-Thomas-Karlsson/dp/0972182063/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529611036&sr=8-1&keywords=Goetic+magic+Karlsson
- Venus and Sirius: http://www.interpres.cz/worag/cosmol/sothis.htm
- The Nebra sky disk has 39 or 40 holes around it – why, the scientist don’t know: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebra_sky_disk
- There are also other references to the Enochian system in Zos Speaks! Erh (Er) for instance in Enochian means watcher.
- Some letters are enochian
- One of Dee’s big efforts was trying to correct the Victorian calender, which was measured according to the Solstices and Equinoxes.
- John Dee knew and wrote about the Camera Obscura, in fact his crystal ball worked in the same manner when he put it on The Sigillum Dei Ameth: the angelic letters were inverted and reverted (I highly recommend a youtube video entitled: John Dee, Shakespeare-Camera Obscura – A Consuming Perspective with James Egan & Dan Winter).
- The Enochian Holy table has 88 letters around and 12 (the Zodiac) in the centre. One letter in Spare’s sacred alphabet contains of two intertwined 8’s (the 88 constellations or the intertwined solar influx from two stars).
- Kenneth Grant asked Austin Osman Spare why he had included the overview of the seven planets and the Zodiac symbols (the closing stages of his work with the material for the manuscripts included in Zos Speaks! (Zos Speaks!, p.111-112). Spare did not answer the question, or it was omitted from the book. The overview did not end up in the final version of the manuscripts, but the importance of the Zodiac is however explained in the aphorisms, as showed earlier in the post.
- The Zodiac is astronomicaly speaking a part of the 88 constellations. It seems however that Dee and Kelly separated them from the others (duplicated them, the twelve signs of the Zodiac, so that they ended up with 100 constellations in total) – perhaps because of their greater significance, the practical usage (navigation and time). The Enochian matrix is probably the matrix Spare used.
- Recommended reading: Enochian Vision Magick : An Introduction and Practical Guide to the Magick of Dr. John Dee and Edward Kelley. Author: Lon Milo Duquette
References to The Goetia:
Excerpt from the eight formula:”The best person to choose would be of the ‘arrivist type’–those cocky bastards who seem to obtain all they need whenever they want it. Being intense egocentrics they are mediumistic or susceptible only to silent suggestion… So, look into their eyes and convey to them silently that they are the media for the transit of the obsessing elemental desired. They act simply as something en rapport between you and the elemental. To make yourself acceptive and fit for obsession–acts of sacrifice and purgation are essential beforehand. Also, the elemental must be named and given an appropriate Sigil” (Zos Speaks!).
The illustration is a referrence to Goetia, The Lesser Key Of Solomon, found in one of the first books authored by Austin Osman Spare, the book entitled Earth Inferno. Some examples of references to the Goetia in Zos Speaks! are for instance the eight formula regarding Arrivism and the second formula of the Urn (V.I.T.R.I.O.L)
For more information about Goetia, I’d recommend Poke Runyon’s books. The videos on Youtube.com are also invaluable as an introduction and to the practical work. Runyon was a member of the Golden Dawn (a sub-Rosicrucian group), the same organization which Crowley once was initiated. And it was most likely Crowley who introduced Austin O. Spare to the Goetia in his trial period at Crowley’s organization The Brotherhood Of The Silverstar. Same roots.
Two main components from The Formulae of Zos vel Thanatos, manuscripts within Zos Speaks!, are hosted by Hermetic.com: